This document provides two sets of guidance regarding technical specifications:
Minimum Specifications address the oldest operating systems and lowest levels of hardware capacity
that can reasonably be compatible with PARCC computer-based assessments in 2014-2015.
- Minimum Specifications apply to existing school technology inventories.
- Computers meeting the Minimum Specifications can be considered as satisfying PARCC
guidelines for 2014-2015.
Considerations regarding computers meeting, but not exceeding, minimum specifications:
- Computers with these minimum specifications may not be adequate beyond the second year
of PARCC assessments in 2015-2016. PARCC recommends that schools upgrade or
replace computers that have older operating systems and lower memory to raise their
capacity to Recommended Specifications levels as soon as possible.
- Computers that meet only the Minimum Specifications will be compatible with the PARCC
assessment delivery platform, but may be more likely to experience slower performance
than higher capacity computers.
Recommended Specifications outline the levels of computer and network capacity that are more
likely to meet growing demands for school technology that supports learning, assessment, and
administrative uses simultaneously across classrooms.
- Recommended Specifications apply to both existing inventory and new hardware purchases.
- Computers meeting the Recommended Specifications can be expected to satisfy PARCC
guidelines through the 2018-2019 school year
For further information see: http://www.parcconline.org/technology